Minutes – 20th May 2013

Minutes of LRRHAA Committee Meeting 20th
May 2013

Present; C Sharp; Chair,  R Russell; Secretary,  C Gibbs; Lettings Secretary,  A Harpin; Treasurer,
Committee Members; Phil Hart,  C Grimley Evans,  N Van Hear, P Bevan
Member Observers; T Kirkby
Trustees; I Matten
Apologies; D Penwarden

1. Introduction and Remarks
2. Minutes of the last meeting – read and agreed
3. Matters Arising:
a. Ash trees – R Russell has plotted positions on site map to enable monitoring
b. Glebe Boundary weeding – still not done, but in hand
c. Water – Thanks to A Scriven for repairing the pipe. He may need assistance to
cut away the cherry tree roots so that the pipe can be re-laid.

4. Financial Statement and Bank Accounts – A Harpin presented an overview, stating that situation is ok at present. P Hart suggested that water usage is displayed on site to encourage allotees to conserve water – he also volunteered to undertake this. 3 grants and 1 prize totalling £1,145 have been received this year; Council grant requires photos of wildlife area and pond dug with grant money – P Bevan volunteered to take photos. ‘Ring Fencing’ of bequest money in separate account decided to be unnecessary. P Hart proposed that all money be held in an interest-paying Coop business account; this was seconded by C Gibbs and passed unanimously. C Grimley Evans and C Gibbs to be co-signatories. Santander account to be closed. Thanks were expressed to Arnold and his checkers.

5. Shop- the season so far – T Kirkby reported that sales of fruit trees and bushes have been very successful, as have sales of plug plants, although these have made a loss due to cost of heating the greenhouse. Total sales £680 for April and May so far.
Thanks to I Matten for auditing shop accounts. A Harpin to investigate selling unused till machine on E-Bay and Terry to see whether it can be returned to the manufacturer.

6. Pond/Wildlife Area – Working Party needed to shift stones. 9th June 10am- 12pm

7. Work on the Car Park and Gazebo – Colin to contact Rose Hill Regeneration Grant donors to explore possibility of change of use of their grant of £750. Not enough to build hardstanding, so car park area to be allowed to fill gradually, whilst money could be used to purchase a marquee, for Association events and for possible hire to
other site users. C Gibbs to research prices

8. New Trustee – Andrew Benfield has volunteered to be a Trustee. His appointment will need to be formally agreed at the AGM.

9. Waiting List – 11 applicants waiting

10. Untidy Plots – 10 offenders, all have been contacted

11. Summer Party – Will take place on Sunday 15th
September

12. Allotment Competition – Date for entry is now passed.

13. Trivia – No rubbish will be collected from site. Committee members asked to remind members that cars must not be parked on site roadways.

14. AOB – I Matten to choose winner of Brewster Cup before 15th
September so it can be presented at the party.

C Gibbs, A Harpin and R Russell to design a new rent demand form to attempt to get more clarity regarding allotees personal details.
C Grimley Evans to put up notices on site about selling surplus produce to the village shop, and also notices in the village about the site’s participation in Iffley Open Gardens on 15th June.
Terry agreed the shop would be open and Volunteers are needed for this event.
I Matten to update Risk Assessments.
Copy deadline for Rose Hill News is 10th June.
P Bevan reported that Abingdon Homebase hire out a rotavator a £65 for a weekend.

15. Date of Next Meeting – 22nd July 2013 7.30pm